Jazz In Albania First Edition
Jazz In Albania Second Edition
First & Second Edition
Cultural association “SYRI BLU” is founded on 2000 with the support of Mrs Anna Cenerini Bova.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel/Fax +355.4.2230953
- President Shkelqim Arizi
The Fondators member are
- 1.Besim Petrela
- 2.Diana Culi
- 3.Zhani Ciko
- 4.Isak Shehu
- 5.Ylljet Alicka
- 6.Fatos Kongoli
- 7.Fatos Lubonja
- 8.Klement Zoraqi
To achieve this goal, the initial activities of the Association shall aim to:
• promote cooperation in order to realise European artistic & cultural activities in Albania;
• promote cooperation in order to realise activities for the preservation of Albanian
cultural monuments, the landscape and the environment;
• develop relations among universities, particularly with regard to Albanians studying in Europe;
• promote cultural tourism, promotion & implementation of the copyright in Albania
• provide cultural, historical and environmental information about Albania and
European countries in printed and electronic form.
• cooperate in an institutional way with its partners based in Europe.
- Promotion & support of artistic and cultural activities in Albania and cross border.
- Promotion & support of cultural heritage by artistic activities
- Promotion & support to diversity of religious cultures in Albania and Region
- Promotion & protect & support of nature monuments by social & cultural activities
- Promotion & support of cultural exchanges.
(Albania - European Union & Albania – International in Albania, cross bord contries and Balkan region)
The main Activities realise :
- Tirana Jazz & World Music Festival- first & second editions 2012-2013
- Poesia del Vino & Poesi du Vin & Poetry of Wine- every year acivity.
- The week of Albanian Film – to Casa del Film – Rome, 2012
- European chamber choral festivals- 4 editions 2005,2007,2009,2011
-Many concerts jazz , poetry evening, painting exhibition
-“KLASIK “ International concert seasons 2000-2012. KLASIK is held in the following albanian cities:Tirana, Shkodra, Vlora , Durres,Elbasan, Gjirokaster and Korca
-“SYRI BLU” have organised in june 2007 a tour of Philarmonique orchestra of Tirana a Poitu in France with “The Creation of Handel” in colaboration of chorals from France, England and Germany.
- Have Participate as Partner to the EU programme Interreg 3A to projects V.A.L.T. ; A.C.C.I.A.R arte; TUR.GATE; and participation as partner to the Programme INTERREG / CARDS with the Project F.A.M.A.
- Have organise Poesia Albanese – Patrimonio d’Europa meeting of Albanian poets in Rome.
- Editor and project manager of the first and second edition of the Albanian
Cultural Yearbook first edition 2001 - 2002 and second edition 2002-2003
third edtion 2005-2006 in Albanian & English by the support of EU Commission.
Ladies and Gentlemen
History of Jazz music in Albania is relatively short, with its starts and its pioneers such as: Krajk, Curcia, Shllaku ….etc.
In its infancy Jazz music in Albania has a painful history, where talented musicians ended quite badly under the guillotine of the communist system. This festival is also homage for those martyrs of music of "Freedom". This festival expresses a thanksgiving to all Albanian musicians that contribute over the years in the darkness of the communist system and then to democratic freedom after 1990.
First professional Jazz music musician arrangements starts around 2000 with deputies of Elina Duni, Eda Zari, Salim Rushi, Fatos Qerimaj, Ilir Kola, Sokol Sejdo, Emilian & Ervin Dhimo brothers, Gjon Shllaku, Markelian Kapedani Rrok Jakaj etc.
JAZZinALBANIA festival starts with its first two editions of Tirana Jazz & World Music Festival in 2012 & 2013 but this year the festival name was transformed in "JAZZinALBANIA" because the festival now will spread in five cities of Albania (Tirana, Shkodra, Korca, Fie and Himara) to enliven artistic life and to support cultural tourism at cultural heritage centers like Apollo in Fier and Ali Pasha castle in Porto Palermo - Himara
Two social programs support the 2014 festival edition:
1 - Presentation of films & documentary with short feature, main topic "Environmental Protection" program which will be realized thanks to the collaboration with multimedia academy “Marubi”
2 - Volunteer program - young volunteer & assistance that with their valuable contribution will grace the festival, volunteers who will be the future fans of JAZZ music. Special thanks to festival partners:
• Accredited Embassies in Albania: Austria, Czech Republic, Germany, Israelite, Italian National Institution of Culture, Yonus Emre Institute and Albanian institutions: the Ministry of Culture, Municipality of Fier, Himara, Korca, Shkodra and Tirana.
• Media that strongly supported the success of this festival TOP-CHANNEL and XXXXX and naturally even the partners: Hotel Sheraton - Tirana, Coloseo Hotel - Shkoder, Hotel Kocibelli - Korce, “MARUBI” Multimedia Academy, Delta Print, “MERSART” National Music Center.
• Sponsors: Plus, Coca Cola, Red Bull, Jalifat Publishing House ….. etc.
I hope that this international cultural mosaic of Jazz music, through the interpretation of world artists and Jazz music except entertainment will broadcast freedom & fantasy of thinking and care & love for the environment.
"Jazz" in 50's (Albania)
The word "JAZZ” entered in Albania from foreign radios, especially from RAI’s and later from Yugoslav TV. Unknown as a music stream but as a term circulated with great curiosity.
Little by little some musician began to frame some more intimate element or some free emotional expression, especially talented instrumentalists who have improvisation ability and free technical quality "virtuous". During these years, soft music began to explode.
Musician now did not use only tango, beguine, foxtrot, waltz and rumba music elements, they even began to infiltrate some contemporary rhythms like swing, hula - hoop, Charleston, cha - cha - cha, twist and the first signs of rock n roll.
We had few information from east countries, but had some films sequences which was accompanied by Jazz music which now already was known, films like "Slide " ( Czech film ), "Sea Cat" ( Romanian movie ), "Spring ice" ( Austrian film ), "Payment of fear" ( French film ) and any others….. Also circulate plastic disks (45 and 78 turnover) that went in Albania so carefully from artist who were on tours overseas.
At that time radio Tirana has played an important role with the creativity and recordings, of the artist like: the quartet of Agim Prodani, the recording of Llazar Moreka, Quintet of Agim Krajka. Agim Krajka it was a composer and excellent accordionist that in 1962 in the first Festival of Song in the Albanian Radio Television introduced he’s quintet "Rhythmic Complex".
I think that this was the beginning of a "spark" which after a few years would return to "fire" with the firs Festival of Soldier and get the top in the 11th Festival of Song in Albanian Radio Television with the "Big - Band" created by the eminent and unforgettable musician Gasper ÇURÇIA. As I think, Jazz music is: expression of maximum individual freedom, instant emotion, sophisticated and virtuous taste of singers and instrumentalists.